Website PPG, Inc.
Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates in Glen Mills, PA. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Location: Glen Mills, PA
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
In the role of Customer Service Rep it is important to cultivate relationships to drive sales. Responsibilities include handling inbound phone calls and email requests, processing orders, resolving issues or requests using the available resources. In this position it is imperative to educate our customers on Speakman, Plumbmaster, and WolverineBrass products and professionally address customer complaints to diffuse and ultimately satisfy the customer.
Customer Focus, Customer Service, Data Entry Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Verbal Communication, Building Relationships, People Skills, Interpersonal Savvy, Problem Solving, Multi-tasking.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phones and respond to emails (customers) by providing customers with product knowledge and account information – Resolving customer questions/issues
- Entering orders, return authorizations, credits submitted by customers via email, fax
- Researching and documenting customer related inquiries
- Able to recognize errors and revise as needed
- Maintain a liaison with other departments, As well as Support for the Sales team
- Consistently learn and retain product knowledge as items get added and some discontinue
- Assist with maintaining procedure records
- Daily internet portal access
- Recognize and communicate with Supervisor when process improvements
- Uses reasoning skills effectively in daily activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of experience in a call center environment
- At least one year in a true Customer Service role
- Excellent telephone voice/manner with good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle basic office equipment
- Effective typing and data entry
- Basic computer skills experience with Microsoft Office products
- Must have experience supporting international customers