Website PPG, Inc.
Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC and operates a key location in Glen Mills, PA as well. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Position Title: Director, Speakman National Sales
Location: Remote, access to major airport.
Reports To: Chief Sales Officer
POSITION SUMMARY DISCRIPTION
As a Director of Speakman National Sales with Professional Plumbing Group, you will be tasked with driving our Speakman product line growth in regional agency distribution and national account distribution channels.
- National Accounts: our major national customers are delighted, and we are increasing wallet share year over year.
- Local/Regional Agencies: We have strong local/regional agencies that are engaged and delivering growth via new business.
- Speakman team: Regional leaders and project management teams are engaged an in a state of continuous improvement and achieving target.
- Culture: Accountability mindset is in place, teams are adept at problem solving and there are high levels of transparency, communication and cross functional team coordination.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, grow and find new key national accounts
- Develop synergy with all regional and how we go to market. In addition to working to have all business working together (hospitality, safety stock distribution for local transactional sales).
- Coach and lead regional leaders, both safety and plumbing channel, and ensure business plans in place for each agency: rep engagement, training, promotions, strategies, etc.
- Maintain daily/visual management to ensure performance of agency sales rep teams.
- Ownership of distribution, national and vertical accounts with both strategic and tactical plans in place to ensure growth objectives are met or exceeded.
- Performance evaluations, annual plans, quarterly reviews, and monthly formal 1:1’s
- Manage project pipeline with close integration to supply chain and sales forecasting functions.
- Close alignment with marketing to support growth initiatives competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort.
- Support agency sales representatives with high quality training to ensure sufficient technical knowledge and ability to present Speakman products in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Plumbing experience preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills with a process orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively within the organization and externally, in a clear, professional manner
- High integrity
- High energy and resiliency
- Passion for results
- Critical thinking skills to develop solutions to complex challenges
- Process oriented and reliance on data-driven solutions
- Collaborative, team oriented and adept at building positive and influential relationships
- Hands-on management style
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5+ years of prior direct sales experience required, preferable within comparable industry
- 2-5 years prior sales leadership experience required
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in commercial markets
- Experience representing high end and luxury brands
- 50%-75% U.S. travel required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, drive, stand and sit; use a computer and phone. The employee is frequently required to type, talk and hear.