Website PPG, Inc.
Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates in Glen Mills, PA as well. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Position Title: Software Developer/Admin
Location: Glen Mills, PA
Reports To: CIO
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
Professional Plumbing Group (PPG) is seeking a skilled Software Developer / Administrator to help with the development and integration of our current projects. Your duties will primarily revolve around building new software and software interfaces, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures, and also working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.To be successful in this role, you will need extensive knowledge of programming languages such as SQL, ASP.NET, C++, X++, C#, VB.NET, Java and Java script and the software development life-cycle including agile. Our environment is Microsoft Dynamics AX, Dynamics CRM, Power BI, EDI, Hybris e-commerce, O365 and other software/tools.
- Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Directing and conducting system testing and validation procedures.
- Directing and performing software programming and documentation development.
- Consulting with departments or customers on project status and proposals.
- Working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Consulting with other IT staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
- Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
- Customized report writing as well as utilizing our BI environment.
- Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
- Conferring with or acting as project manager to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
- High integrity
- High energy and resiliency
- Passion for results
- Critical thinking skills to develop solutions to complex challenges
- Balanced approach to speed-to-action
- Process oriented and reliance on data-driven solutions
- Collaborative, team oriented and adept at building positive and influential relationships
- Strong combination of intelligence and self-awareness
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of Experience with Microsoft AX is a MUST.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle (including Agile)
- Ability to develop unit and integration testing of code components or complete applications.
- Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Deep programming language knowledge.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, drive, stand and sit; use a computer and phone. The employee is frequently required to type, talk and hear.